Tuesday, March 28, 2006

i'm almost 41

A few days from now and I will be 41. Gosh, that sounds ancient. That old already, yet I'm still busy running after two precocious little girls and getting back aches for trying to catch them as they dive from the bed while shouting "miming!" That's swimming for you.

I am not complaining, though. Except for the occasional money problems, I guess I have a lot to be thankful for. I believe I'm healthy enough to withstand the onslaught of hyperactive daughters for more years to come. Besides, they're not always like that. Sometimes, we play "make-up, make-up" and it's amazing how they can keep still--with eyes closed and lips slightly opened--waiting for me to dig into my invisible make up kit for the pink lipstick and pink eyeshadow and pink blush on. To this day, I still don't know why most girls declare that pink is their favorite color. (Perhaps they had been brainwashed since day one with a roomful of things in pink?)

Anyway, being 40, and soon 41, is not that bad. Just recently, my best friend's mom, whom I have not seen for a long time, commented that I still looked the same.

Well, thank God for bestfriends and their moms.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Yam,Karen 'to, I cannot believe you get spam even in blogs. Over!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home